It’s been a while since I’ve posted some fun recipes on my blog. Since I find workouts easier to do than cooking, I often neglect making proper meals, and it’s definitely catching up to me. So, I am featuring one recipe from a blog that I found on Instagram and my own recipe I made.
Crunchy Cucumber Salad
I found this on Nutrition Stripped on Instagram. The actual recipe can be found here. It is indeed a quick 15 minutes to prepare and this lasts for up to a week in the fridge! Out here in Texas, this is a great cool snack to help escape the heat. The recipe called for parsley, and I chose to go with Italian Parsley for a little extra flavor. Also, I completely forgot to put the apples, so the dill was a bit overpowering. So, if you are opting for a less flavorful apple or simply want to forgo the apple, go light on the dill.
The cucumber salad is so versatile and quick to make that you should never truly get bored! Just switch up some of the herbs or ingredients and spice things up!
Deep Dish Pizza: Italian Edition
- Pillsbury Pizza Dough *I would replace this with a better dough next time
- 1/4 red onion
- 1/2 red bell peper
- 6-7 slices of mozzarella
- handful of spinach
- pancetta (cubed)
- shredded fresh parmesan
- pasta sauce
- Pre-heat oven to temperature required on dough package. Roll out dough and place in a 10″ cast-iron skillet and trim off corners to fit into pan.
- Place skillet into oven for 3-5 minutes until the dough starts to harden.
- While dough is in the oven, cut up the pepper and onion.
- Pull dough out of the oven, pour in healthy amount of sauce. Top with the sliced onions and pepper, spinach, mozzarella (just enough to cover the top), pancetta (raw), and pamesan. And place the skillet back into the oven.
- Cook until toppings are cooked.
- Pull skillet out, heat over to 450, and add more mozzarella. Place back into oven for 5 or so minutes.
- Pull the pizza out of the oven, and let cool enough until the pizza firms up.
My dough wasn’t the best. What’s your favorite pizza dough for deep dish style pizzas?!