(This recipe is for a 2.5qt crockpot. Adapted from this recipe)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 large jalapeno
- 1.5 large bell pepper
- 1/2 medium onion
- 4-8 oz chorizo
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2-3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 2 tsp black pepper
- In a non-stick skillet, on low/medium heat cook the chorizo until brown. I used 4oz, but in the future, I’d use more to get that flavor to go through a little better.
- While that is cooking, cut up the potato, bell pepper, and onion and put into crockpot.
- Seed and de-rib the jalapenos, chop and add to the crock. (For spicier chili, leave seeds and ribs)
- Rinse both the black and pinto beans and drain. Put into crockpop.
- Add the choizo, garlic, and dry seasonings and stir. (Note: I poured the oil/grease from the chorizo into the crock as well for extra flavor)
- Add chicken broth, stir.
- Turn on high for about 6 hours.