- 1/2 (large) carton of egg whites
- 1/2 medium/large onion
- 1 1/2 peppers
- 1/2 roll of sausage
- 2 medium potatoes
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut sausage roll in half and put into a skillet (lightly sprayed optional) on low heat.
- Spray a casserole dish generously and cut up all onions, peppers and potatoes and place into it.
- Ass sausage browns, break up into small pieces. When mostly cooked toss in with the rest of the ingredients.
- Salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Pour egg whites over the mixture until the mixture is mostly covered.
- Place dish (uncovered) into the oven for 1 hour.
The edges of the egg should be brown but not burnt and the top of the casserole should be firm. The thing about eggs is it cooks much faster than you think. I’ll get 6 days (aka servings out of this) which is perfect for the work week. Topped with some sharp cheddar, and I’m ready to go!
What are your go to breakfast recipes?